Back to Course
Standards of Practice
Standard 1: Family Centered Approaches3 Topics
Standard 2: Family Support, Education and Referrals6 Topics
Standard 3: Encourage Family Connection through Child-Led Play4 Topics
Standard 4: Cultural Competency and Cultural Safety5 Topics
Standard 5: Professional and Ethical Conduct5 Topics
Standard 6: Early Learning and Play-Based Programming3 Topics
Standard 7: Evaluation & Quality Improvement4 Topics
Standard 8: Design, Function, Safety and Hygiene of Physical Environment7 Topics
Standard 9: Partnerships and Collaboration5 Topics
Standard 10: Governance4 Topics
Standard 11: Planning, Administration and Information Management5 Topics
Standard 12: Finance and Risk Management5 Topics
Standard 13: Human Resources5 Topics
Lesson 9, Topic 2
9.2 Community Involvement in FRP Design
FRPs involve community members in FRP design.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- FRP involves community members and other stakeholders in FRP design, planning, implementation and evaluation.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- FRP is responsive to early years community planning.
- FRP pilots new FRP curriculum and uses a variety of ways to receive feedback (e.g., ‘talking wall’ poster with comments on stickie notes).
- FRP develops a diversified board of directors.
- FRP actively involves FRP participants in the evaluation of new and existing FRP components.
- FRP participates in FRP design, planning, and evaluation with a similar FRP in BC through FRP BC forum discussion.