Back to Course
Standards of Practice
Standard 1: Family Centered Approaches3 Topics
Standard 2: Family Support, Education and Referrals6 Topics
Standard 3: Encourage Family Connection through Child-Led Play4 Topics
Standard 4: Cultural Competency and Cultural Safety5 Topics
Standard 5: Professional and Ethical Conduct5 Topics
Standard 6: Early Learning and Play-Based Programming3 Topics
Standard 7: Evaluation & Quality Improvement4 Topics
Standard 8: Design, Function, Safety and Hygiene of Physical Environment7 Topics
Standard 9: Partnerships and Collaboration5 Topics
Standard 10: Governance4 Topics
Standard 11: Planning, Administration and Information Management5 Topics
Standard 12: Finance and Risk Management5 Topics
Standard 13: Human Resources5 Topics
Lesson 8, Topic 1
8.1 Accessible and Child-Centred
FRP services and physical space is accessible for all families and is designed for the use of children and their parents.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- Physical space is appropriate and comfortable for infants, children and adults.
- There are places for diaper changing and breastfeeding.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- FRP hours enable parents to participate according to their families’ schedules.
- FRP responds to participant requests to enhance accessibility of physical space.
- FRP undertakes an annual accessibility review.