Back to Course
Standards of Practice
Standard 1: Family Centered Approaches3 Topics
Standard 2: Family Support, Education and Referrals6 Topics
Standard 3: Encourage Family Connection through Child-Led Play4 Topics
Standard 4: Cultural Competency and Cultural Safety5 Topics
Standard 5: Professional and Ethical Conduct5 Topics
Standard 6: Early Learning and Play-Based Programming3 Topics
Standard 7: Evaluation & Quality Improvement4 Topics
Standard 8: Design, Function, Safety and Hygiene of Physical Environment7 Topics
Standard 9: Partnerships and Collaboration5 Topics
Standard 10: Governance4 Topics
Standard 11: Planning, Administration and Information Management5 Topics
Standard 12: Finance and Risk Management5 Topics
Standard 13: Human Resources5 Topics
Lesson 7, Topic 1
7.1 Evaluating Effectiveness & Quality
FRP collects and analyzes information related to FRP participation and quality.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- FRP tracks activities, participants, and service utilization.
- FRP regularly seeks feedback regarding quality of the FRP through a participant evaluation.
- Participant feedback informs future planning.
- FRP uses a sign-in sheet for activities.
- FRP may seek feedback from other service providers to gather feedback on program quality.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- FRP invites and records feedback regarding program quality from families and other stakeholders, using surveys, focus groups, and/or interviews.
- FRP tracks, analyzes, and makes changes based on activities (including # of hours of service), participants needs, service utilization, and quality in relation to its goals, objectives, community needs and contract/grant participation targets.
- FRP uses, and staff are trained and responsible for maintaining, a database system to generate an analysis of demographics and participation.
- Staff may use a provincial or national survey or other data collection program on an annual or bi-annual basis.
- FRP conducts an annual program review meeting involving staff members at all levels reflecting on results and identifying relevant program modifications.
- Staff members at all levels are familiar with the process of implementing a program quality assessment tool.