Back to Course
Standards of Practice
Standard 1: Family Centered Approaches3 Topics
Standard 2: Family Support, Education and Referrals6 Topics
Standard 3: Encourage Family Connection through Child-Led Play4 Topics
Standard 4: Cultural Competency and Cultural Safety5 Topics
Standard 5: Professional and Ethical Conduct5 Topics
Standard 6: Early Learning and Play-Based Programming3 Topics
Standard 7: Evaluation & Quality Improvement4 Topics
Standard 8: Design, Function, Safety and Hygiene of Physical Environment7 Topics
Standard 9: Partnerships and Collaboration5 Topics
Standard 10: Governance4 Topics
Standard 11: Planning, Administration and Information Management5 Topics
Standard 12: Finance and Risk Management5 Topics
Standard 13: Human Resources5 Topics
Lesson 6, Topic 1
6.1 Early Learning
FRP offers play-based learning opportunities in both group and individual settings.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- Environment and curriculum are consistent with best practices and early childhood education.
- Staff have training in early childhood learning/education or have been mentored.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- FRP creates opportunities for parent/child interaction that facilitates learning.
- Staff convey to parents how the activities encourage learning.
- Staff develop play-based curriculum so parents can successfully do the activity at home.
- At least some staff qualified as Early Childhood Educator or training and/or mentoring in child development.