Back to Course
Standards of Practice
Standard 1: Family Centered Approaches3 Topics
Standard 2: Family Support, Education and Referrals6 Topics
Standard 3: Encourage Family Connection through Child-Led Play4 Topics
Standard 4: Cultural Competency and Cultural Safety5 Topics
Standard 5: Professional and Ethical Conduct5 Topics
Standard 6: Early Learning and Play-Based Programming3 Topics
Standard 7: Evaluation & Quality Improvement4 Topics
Standard 8: Design, Function, Safety and Hygiene of Physical Environment7 Topics
Standard 9: Partnerships and Collaboration5 Topics
Standard 10: Governance4 Topics
Standard 11: Planning, Administration and Information Management5 Topics
Standard 12: Finance and Risk Management5 Topics
Standard 13: Human Resources5 Topics
Lesson 3, Topic 1
3.1 Encouraging Family Connection
FRP creates environments designed to promote family development and encourage healthy family interaction.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- Programming includes all members of the family who attend.
- FRP newsletter or bulletin board includes articles or resources about healthy family development.
- FRP is organized, consistent and accessible.
- Parents are made welcome.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- FRP schedules a variety of drop-in times weekly that include an evening and/or weekend time to meet working parents’ needs.
- FRP offers specific programming for dads and/or grandparents.
- FRP intentionally includes topics related to family health & wellness, active play, communication and wellness.