Back to Course
Standards of Practice
Standard 1: Family Centered Approaches3 Topics
Standard 2: Family Support, Education and Referrals6 Topics
Standard 3: Encourage Family Connection through Child-Led Play4 Topics
Standard 4: Cultural Competency and Cultural Safety5 Topics
Standard 5: Professional and Ethical Conduct5 Topics
Standard 6: Early Learning and Play-Based Programming3 Topics
Standard 7: Evaluation & Quality Improvement4 Topics
Standard 8: Design, Function, Safety and Hygiene of Physical Environment7 Topics
Standard 9: Partnerships and Collaboration5 Topics
Standard 10: Governance4 Topics
Standard 11: Planning, Administration and Information Management5 Topics
Standard 12: Finance and Risk Management5 Topics
Standard 13: Human Resources5 Topics
Lesson 2, Topic 5
2.5 Advocacy for Resources and Supports
FRP provides assistance to families and advocates for resources, services, and supports as needed.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- FRP staff informs families about potential resources, and how they can be accessed.
- Pamphlets and website information are readily available (i.e., childcare benefit, income assistance, etc.) and, where relevant, parents are encouraged to access them.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- FRP uses information and feedback from families to identify potential opportunities for advocacy and actively supports advocacy initiatives.
- FRP has a Facebook page that shares links and information that supports families finding what they need.
- FRP staff has ongoing and intentional conversations to support their ability to access resources and advocate for themselves.
- FRP organizes events that enable families to advocate for issues that matter to them.