Back to Course
Standards of Practice
Standard 1: Family Centered Approaches3Topics
Standard 2: Family Support, Education and Referrals6Topics
Standard 3: Encourage Family Connection through Child-Led Play4Topics
Standard 4: Cultural Competency and Cultural Safety5Topics
Standard 5: Professional and Ethical Conduct5Topics
Standard 6: Early Learning and Play-Based Programming3Topics
Standard 7: Evaluation & Quality Improvement4Topics
Standard 8: Design, Function, Safety and Hygiene of Physical Environment7Topics
Standard 9: Partnerships and Collaboration5Topics
Standard 10: Governance4Topics
Standard 11: Planning, Administration and Information Management5Topics
Standard 12: Finance and Risk Management5Topics
Standard 13: Human Resources5Topics
Lesson 2, Topic 3
2.3 Resource Library
FRP maintains a resource library of family support-related information and materials for loan or use.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- FRP maintains an accessible, updated and easy-to-use family support and parenting resource library.
- FRP may have a toy lending library and/or materials and equipment for loan.
- FRP may have a clothes closet or give-away/trade section in facility that is free.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- Videos / Access to computer / Provides direct access links specific to the needs of the family.
- As a part of the FRP, staff assists families to find and access resources.
- FRP may host field trips to the library.
- A resource list is available in the FRP and on-line.
- A bulletin board is available for families to request or sell items.
- Car seats, playpens, clothing and other items are offered.
- Partner FRPs such as IDP, SCD, Literacy that offer resource loaning are on site.