Back to Course
Standards of Practice
Standard 1: Family Centered Approaches3Topics
Standard 2: Family Support, Education and Referrals6Topics
Standard 3: Encourage Family Connection through Child-Led Play4Topics
Standard 4: Cultural Competency and Cultural Safety5Topics
Standard 5: Professional and Ethical Conduct5Topics
Standard 6: Early Learning and Play-Based Programming3Topics
Standard 7: Evaluation & Quality Improvement4Topics
Standard 8: Design, Function, Safety and Hygiene of Physical Environment7Topics
Standard 9: Partnerships and Collaboration5Topics
Standard 10: Governance4Topics
Standard 11: Planning, Administration and Information Management5Topics
Standard 12: Finance and Risk Management5Topics
Standard 13: Human Resources5Topics
Lesson 2, Topic 2
2.2 Access to Food
FRP promotes access to affordable, healthy food.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- Nutritious snacks are available for all participating families.
- FRP provides information on local food banks.
- Community Garden information available, if applicable.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- FRP offers or refers to an evening family dinner, outreach to local food bank and/or Community Kitchen Program.
- FRP may collaborate with partners in the community, such as working with a partner to offer a community kitchen event addressing nutrition for preschoolers.
- FRP may have a community garden program.