Back to Course
Standards of Practice
Standard 1: Family Centered Approaches3Topics
Standard 2: Family Support, Education and Referrals6Topics
Standard 3: Encourage Family Connection through Child-Led Play4Topics
Standard 4: Cultural Competency and Cultural Safety5Topics
Standard 5: Professional and Ethical Conduct5Topics
Standard 6: Early Learning and Play-Based Programming3Topics
Standard 7: Evaluation & Quality Improvement4Topics
Standard 8: Design, Function, Safety and Hygiene of Physical Environment7Topics
Standard 9: Partnerships and Collaboration5Topics
Standard 10: Governance4Topics
Standard 11: Planning, Administration and Information Management5Topics
Standard 12: Finance and Risk Management5Topics
Standard 13: Human Resources5Topics
Lesson 12, Topic 3
12.3 Documentation & Audit
FRP or host agency maintains written fiscal policies and procedures including internal control practices and may engage an external auditor or reviewer annually.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- FRP or host agency maintains written fiscal policies and procedures including internal control practices.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- FRP or host agency conducts an annual financial audit or review, employing an independent chartered accountant.
- If an audit or review generates recommendations, the FRP or host agency corrects material matters or documents reasons why the material matters will not be corrected.
- FRP or host agency, with their auditors, prepare a user friendly version of the annual audit to make publicly available.
- Twice per year the FRP or host agency board or a board committee receives confirmation that CRA remittances were made.