Back to Course
Standards of Practice
Standard 1: Family Centered Approaches3 Topics
Standard 2: Family Support, Education and Referrals6 Topics
Standard 3: Encourage Family Connection through Child-Led Play4 Topics
Standard 4: Cultural Competency and Cultural Safety5 Topics
Standard 5: Professional and Ethical Conduct5 Topics
Standard 6: Early Learning and Play-Based Programming3 Topics
Standard 7: Evaluation & Quality Improvement4 Topics
Standard 8: Design, Function, Safety and Hygiene of Physical Environment7 Topics
Standard 9: Partnerships and Collaboration5 Topics
Standard 10: Governance4 Topics
Standard 11: Planning, Administration and Information Management5 Topics
Standard 12: Finance and Risk Management5 Topics
Standard 13: Human Resources5 Topics
Lesson 11, Topic 2
11.2 Data Confidentiality
FRP guidelines/policies and practices adhere to relevant legislation related to privacy and confidentiality of data.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- FRP ensures that electronic information is backed-up and secured offsite.
- FRP ensures that paper information is locked when not in use.
- FRP keeps confidential information secure, including paper and electronic information.
- FRP has a policy regarding the release of participant/client information with their consent.
- FRP provides regular training to equip staff, volunteers, and board members with the ability to follow privacy legislation and assure the security of all information.
- FRP regularly informs families of their rights and responsibilities in terms of sharing confidential information.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- FRP has a clear policy on use of FRP and or personal electronic devices for recording images, and or data.
- FRP has a procedure / policy checklist to guide decisions for release of confidential information for legal reasons guided by appropriate acts (e.g., Adult Guardianship Act; Child, Family and Community Service Act; Coroners Act; Health Care (Consent) and Care Facility (Admission) Act; Workers Compensation Act; and the Communicable Disease Regulation under the Public Health Act).
- Staff and board members participate in formative and summative (annual) self assessment of adherence to FRP operational policies.