Back to Course
Standards of Practice
Standard 1: Family Centered Approaches3 Topics
Standard 2: Family Support, Education and Referrals6 Topics
Standard 3: Encourage Family Connection through Child-Led Play4 Topics
Standard 4: Cultural Competency and Cultural Safety5 Topics
Standard 5: Professional and Ethical Conduct5 Topics
Standard 6: Early Learning and Play-Based Programming3 Topics
Standard 7: Evaluation & Quality Improvement4 Topics
Standard 8: Design, Function, Safety and Hygiene of Physical Environment7 Topics
Standard 9: Partnerships and Collaboration5 Topics
Standard 10: Governance4 Topics
Standard 11: Planning, Administration and Information Management5 Topics
Standard 12: Finance and Risk Management5 Topics
Standard 13: Human Resources5 Topics
Lesson 10, Topic 1
10.1 Governance Practices Support Accountability and Effectiveness
FRP or host agency is governed by a board of directors that supports FRP effectiveness and is accountable to FRP participants and the community served.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- FRP or host agency board meetings are held at least every two months, of which formal written minutes are kept.
- FRP or host agency board composition considers the required skills, expertise, and experience required for FRP effectiveness and desired outcomes.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- FRP or host agency board meeting materials (e.g., board meeting agendas, minutes, and policies) are circulated in advance of board meetings, ideally a minimum of 3 days prior.
- FRP or host agency board meeting agendas focus on governance related matters rather than operational details.
- FRP or host agency board reviews its performance annually.
- FRP or host agency board plans proactively for board member succession and has term limits established to support regular board renewal.