Strong Minds Strong Kids (Psychology Canada) is seeking members for their new Parent and Caregiver Advisory Council. The role of this council will be to provide insight into the needs of parents and caregivers in nurturing resilience in children and youth.
Message from Strong Minds Strong Kids:
“We are constantly working to ensure our evidence-based and evaluated programs maintain relevance and value to the children and youth that they were designed for. Being a member of this Advisory Council will give you the opportunity to be a representative for your community. In this role, members of the council will:
- Provide a parent and caregiver perspective of existing programs and new program ideas;
- Provide ideas on program and service improvements to better serve parents/caregivers and children/youth;
- Engage with your communities and champion Strong Minds Strong Kids programs and services;
- Make use of your connections with other parents and youth to ensure programs and services continue to align with the mission of nurturing resilience in kids/youth;
- Implement learnings of Strong Minds Strong Kids programs and services with young people and fellow parents/caregivers to expand the reach of the programs;
- Provide insights that are reflective of current trends, needs, and interests of families.
We are looking for parents and caregivers with children or youth ages 0-17, who can commit to meeting online 4 times per year for at least one-year commitment. The first meeting for the Advisory will be on Jan 21st 4pm EST. If you or someone you know is interested in this opportunity, please reach out to Pamela Sariyannis, Coordinator of Programs and Community Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
Please feel free to share with families at your FRP. You can share Strong Minds Strong Kids’ Facebook post on your own Facebook pages.