Building capacity in family resource programs
Who We Are
Family Resource Programs of BC (FRP-BC), formerly known as the BC Association of Family Resource Programs, is a membership organization dedicated to promoting and supporting community-based Family Resource Programs (FRPs). FRPs are community hubs that enhance and support the development of healthy families with children prenatal to 6 years old. Our members are FRP staff at centres such as a Family Place, Family Centre, Military Family Resource Centre, Early Years Centre, Parent/Family Literacy Centre, or Neighbourhood House.
Learn More about us.
Why Join FRP-BC?
- Free and discounted professional development opportunities online and in-person
- Members Only Online Community connecting you with FRP professionals province-wide
- Access to the FRP-BC Provincial Standards of Practice
- Relevant news and research to inform your work
- Dual membership opportunity with Families Canada including access to the E-Valuation Tool
Latest News & Events
- Understanding Social Inequities in Early Childhood Experiences- The Toddler Development Instrument: Virtual WorkshopPresented by Dr. Martin Guhn from Human Early Learning Partnerhsip (HELP), UBC Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2020Time: 1pm-3pm PDTCost: Free to FRP-BC members This presentation…
- The ABCs of Childhood Mental Health with Dr. Vanessa Lapointe: Virtual WorkshopDate: Monday, May 25, 2020Time: 9am-12pm PDTCost: Free to FRP-BC Members Mental health has taken a central place in the minds of parents, caregivers, educators…
- Scenario Planning in Times of Change: Virtual WorkshopThere is nothing like a global pandemic to disrupt routine. Discover tools and strategies to guide your Family Resource Program’s short-term planning. Date: Thursday, May 21,…
- Canadian parents of toddlers and preschoolers are needed for a University of Alberta research studyThis research study, conducted by the Behavioural Epidemiology Lab at the University of Alberta, looks at the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on young children’s…