Why join FRP-BC?
As a member of FRP-BC, you and your agency join a growing network of family resource programs and gain access to relevant resources, opportunities for connection, training, and support to help you provide the best service to your community.
With the purchase of one membership for your agency, you and an unlimited number of staff members can create an online account and access the members only portal and training. Please see below for a list of benefits of the FRP-BC membership.
Registration for the 2023/2024 membership year is now open. Ready to become a member? Learn about our different membership types and register today.
- Opportunities to connect with a network of Family Resource Programs (FRPs) and share ideas, identify emerging issues, and participate in ongoing dialogue about pertinent issues with other FRP staff across BC
- Access to monthly Member Calls over Zoom to discuss pertinent topics with fellow FRPs
- Participation in quarterly Executive Director Calls with a focus on what E.D.s and Managers can meaningfully do as leaders to care for their staff’s well-being throughout the ongoing pandemic
- FRP-BC Voting Rights (one vote per agency)
- Discount for a Families Canada membership, which includes access to the E-Valuation Tool
Information and Support
- Regular eNews including resources and training relevant to the FRP and early years fields and updates on government policy and legislation
- Relevant data and information to use in fundraising and/or grant writing
- Access to information and research through FRP-BC representation on committees related to Early Years
- Reconciliation Statement and training to assist agencies in adopting a trauma-informed practice with an emphasis on cultural safety
Training & Resources
- Free online and in-person training on current and pertinent topics with skilled trainers and early years experts
- Discounts on partners’ professional development training and workshops
- Resource package giveaways including children’s books and toys, parenting courses, reading for professional development, etc.
Standards of Practice
- Access to the FRP-BC Provincial Standards of Practice which represent expectations for program design and implementation, as well as agency infrastructure. This can help with increasing sector profile, laying the foundation for a solid program, and can be used as a feature in grant applications.
With the purchase of one membership, an unlimited number of staff at your agency will gain access to free online professional development training. Possible themes in 2023/2024 include the following:
- Trauma informed approach within early years
- Early years and mental health
- Food security and food justice in FRPs
- How to strengthen coalitions to better serve families
- Family Resource Program new staff orientation
- FRP-BC Standards of Practice
In 2022 we had the following training:
Our membership year begins March 6th and runs until March 31st of the following year. Registration for the 2023/2024 membership year is now open. Visit our Become a Member page to learn more about the different membership types and to see our membership rates.