Register today for FRP-BC’s second offering!
In this 3-week, 6-hour self-paced workshop, we will explore the concept of Family Resource Programs (FRPs) and their role in building inclusive communities. This course is free to FRP-BC members!
We will be introducing and reviewing:
- how the core principles and practices of FRPs display the work we do to support families and build inclusive communities
- the history and development of FRPs
- the role of social movements, changing values, and how historical events played in their creation and growth
- the FRP-BC Standards of Practice in action
- the ecological approach to understanding human development
- core topics for FRP professionals such as Trauma Informed Practice and Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Action
This orientation is entirely online and asynchronous. This means you can be active at times that work for you during the cohort time frame. You will be able to check back at any time to review any ideas and resources. As a gathering, we will be interacting with one another through discussion board activities and webinars.
Thank you again to Cohort 1 for giving us feedback on this course! We will now offer an optional webinar in the middle of the course so that participants can choose between completing section 2 online or attending the webinar.
Each cohort will have an opening, middle, and closing webinar.
- Opening / Intro Webinar Mar 02 at 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Middle Webinar – Mar 16 at 11:00 – 12:00 PM
- Closing Webinar – March 23 at 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which cohort you would like to be a part of.
If Cohort 2 does not fit your schedule, please keep in mind Cohort 3:
- Opening Webinar – May 11 at 11:30 – 12:00 PM
- Middle Webinar – May 25 at 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Closing Webinar – June 01 at 11:30 – 12:00 PM
Registration is open for either cohorts!