We are pleased to announce that the revised and simplified FRP-BC Provincial Standards of Practice have been finalized and will be launched next week, on Tuesday, October 20, 2020.
Over the past year, FRP-BC has been working with a team of experts and stakeholders to simplify the Standards. We have done our best to ensure that the Standards are accessible to a range of sizes and structures of family resource programs (FRPs), while balancing the essential objective of the Standards to support FRPs to have strength in program delivery, management, governance, systems, and financial sustainability.
The Standards lay the foundation for how FRPs ensure:
- participants/clients are treated ethically and with respect for their rights;
- services are planned and delivered according to province-wide best practice standards;
- physical environments are appropriately planned and maintained; and,
- the FRP is governed and administrated ethically and responsibly.
The current Standards have been designed with the context of:
- The FRP-BC Five Core Areas of Service
- MCFD’s Early Years Framework
One of the most significant changes to the FRP-BC Standards accreditation process is that different levels of evidence are now required for different FRP size, families served, and/or admin capacity. Before you proceed with the application, you’ll have the opportunity to self-identify which level your FRP fits the profile of. Your FRP will then use that level throughout the application to determine what evidence is required for your Standards accreditation application.
The Standards will be made available in FRP-BC’s Members Only Portal on Tuesday, October 20th, 2020. Not yet a member and want to participate? Register as a member here.
Stay tuned for more details next Tuesday!