Lesson 8, Section 2
8.2 Inviting and Comfortable
FRP creates a physical environment that is inviting and comfortable for the children and families it serves.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- Furniture and equipment are child-sized, as appropriate.
- The environment has adult-oriented features such as coat racks, conversational groupings of chairs, space/seating for nursing, and coffee facilities.
- The environment is clean and well kept. Toys and equipment are in good repair and the environment conveys the informality of the FRP.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- The environment includes access to outdoor play space.
- Environment includes things like stroller parking, accessible washrooms, and changing areas.
- The FRP has access to spaces for separate adult programming such as a community kitchen, a parent education room, and/or a room for private conversations.