Lesson 7, Section 1
7.1 Evaluating Effectiveness & Quality
FRP collects and analyzes information related to FRP participation and quality.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- FRP tracks activities, participants, and service utilization.
- FRP regularly seeks feedback regarding quality of the FRP through a participant evaluation.
- Participant feedback informs future planning.
- FRP uses a sign-in sheet for activities.
- FRP may seek feedback from other service providers to gather feedback on program quality.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- FRP invites and records feedback regarding program quality from families and other stakeholders, using surveys, focus groups, and/or interviews.
- FRP tracks, analyzes, and makes changes based on activities (including # of hours of service), participants needs, service utilization, and quality in relation to its goals, objectives, community needs and contract/grant participation targets.
- FRP uses, and staff are trained and responsible for maintaining, a database system to generate an analysis of demographics and participation.
- Staff may use a provincial or national survey or other data collection program on an annual or bi-annual basis.
- FRP conducts an annual program review meeting involving staff members at all levels reflecting on results and identifying relevant program modifications.
- Staff members at all levels are familiar with the process of implementing a program quality assessment tool.