Lesson 6, Section 1
6.1 Early Learning
FRP offers play-based learning opportunities in both group and individual settings.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- Environment and curriculum are consistent with best practices and early childhood education.
- Staff have training in early childhood learning/education or have been mentored.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- FRP creates opportunities for parent/child interaction that facilitates learning.
- Staff convey to parents how the activities encourage learning.
- Staff develop play-based curriculum so parents can successfully do the activity at home.
- At least some staff qualified as Early Childhood Educator or training and/or mentoring in child development.