Back to Course
Standards of Practice
- Standard 1: Family Centred Approaches4 Sections
- Standard 2: Family Support, Education and Referrals7 Sections
- Standard 3: Encourage Family Connection through Child-Led Play5 Sections
- Standard 4: Cultural Competency and Cultural Safety6 Sections
- Standard 5: Professional and Ethical Conduct6 Sections
- Standard 6: Early Learning and Play-Based Programming4 Sections
- Standard 7: Evaluation & Quality Improvement5 Sections
- Standard 8: Design, Function, Safety and Hygiene of Physical Environment8 Sections
- Standard 9: Partnerships and Collaboration6 Sections
- Standard 10: Governance5 Sections
- Standard 11: Planning, Administration and Information Management6 Sections
- Standard 12: Finance and Risk Management6 Sections
- Standard 13: Human Resources6 Sections
Lesson 5, Section 2
5.2 Participant Rights and Responsibilities
FRP communicates participant’s rights and responsibilities to families in a variety of ways.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- A written summary of participant’s rights and responsibilities is posted in the FRP or reception area and/or verbally communicated to all clients.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- FRP has a Family Handbook or intake form that includes a Policy on Participant Rights and Responsibilities.