Lesson 2, Section 5
2.5 Advocacy for Resources and Supports
FRP provides assistance to families and advocates for resources, services, and supports as needed.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- FRP staff informs families about potential resources, and how they can be accessed.
- Pamphlets and website information are readily available (i.e., childcare benefit, income assistance, etc.) and, where relevant, parents are encouraged to access them.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- FRP uses information and feedback from families to identify potential opportunities for advocacy and actively supports advocacy initiatives.
- FRP has a Facebook page that shares links and information that supports families finding what they need.
- FRP staff has ongoing and intentional conversations to support their ability to access resources and advocate for themselves.
- FRP organizes events that enable families to advocate for issues that matter to them.