Lesson 2, Section 3
2.3 Resource Library
FRP maintains a resource library of family support-related information and materials for loan or use.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- FRP maintains an accessible, updated and easy-to-use family support and parenting resource library.
- FRP may have a toy lending library and/or materials and equipment for loan.
- FRP may have a clothes closet or give-away/trade section in facility that is free.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- Videos / Access to computer / Provides direct access links specific to the needs of the family.
- As a part of the FRP, staff assists families to find and access resources.
- FRP may host field trips to the library.
- A resource list is available in the FRP and on-line.
- A bulletin board is available for families to request or sell items.
- Car seats, playpens, clothing and other items are offered.
- Partner FRPs such as IDP, SCD, Literacy that offer resource loaning are on site.