Lesson 2, Section 2
2.2 Access to Food
FRP promotes access to affordable, healthy food.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- Nutritious snacks are available for all participating families.
- FRP provides information on local food banks.
- Community Garden information available, if applicable.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- FRP offers or refers to an evening family dinner, outreach to local food bank and/or Community Kitchen Program.
- FRP may collaborate with partners in the community, such as working with a partner to offer a community kitchen event addressing nutrition for preschoolers.
- FRP may have a community garden program.