Lesson 2, Section 1
2.1 Family Self-Sufficiency and Confidence
FRP promotes self-sufficiency and confidence by building on family strengths and offering topics appropriate to the needs of families.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- Staff promotes self-sufficiency and confidence by building on family strengths. This is accomplished through informal discussions, parenting workshops, groups and resource information and referrals.
- FRP promotes the development of life skills.
- FRP educates on child growth and development, early learning, communication skills, self-care, and strategies for meeting the joys and challenges of parenting young children.
- FRP encourages participants to share and get involved in programming if they are interested.
- Vulnerable families are welcomed and encouraged to participate.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- Staff engages participants in FRP development and invites participants to lead where appropriate.
- Staff has service goal sheets for individual families who need extra support.
- Staff make supported referrals to appropriate services in a timely fashion.