Lesson 13, Section 1
13.1 Human Resource Policies
FRP adheres to human resource policies that promote non-discrimination.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- FRP or host agency has a policy that:
- prohibits unlawful discrimination against any persons or categories of persons
- prohibits preferential treatment and nepotism related to hiring, supervision, and promotion of paid staff
- requires background checks including criminal records checks for all staff and all volunteers who work with families
- FRP or host agency has human resources policies and procedures that include job descriptions for all staff.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- FRP or host agency develops clear policies to support use of outside hiring agencies, job posting formats and application criteria.
- Job descriptions document the tasks and activities required of the position in order to fulfill the FRP’s strategic and short-term objectives.
- Policies clearly identify and respect an inclusive workspace for all.
- FRP or host agency has role descriptions for board members and other volunteer roles.