Lesson 10, Section 1
10.1 Governance Practices Support Accountability and Effectiveness
FRP or host agency is governed by a board of directors that supports FRP effectiveness and is accountable to FRP participants and the community served.
Benchmark Quality Indicators
- FRP or host agency board meetings are held at least every two months, of which formal written minutes are kept.
- FRP or host agency board composition considers the required skills, expertise, and experience required for FRP effectiveness and desired outcomes.
Innovation and Promising Practices
- FRP or host agency board meeting materials (e.g., board meeting agendas, minutes, and policies) are circulated in advance of board meetings, ideally a minimum of 3 days prior.
- FRP or host agency board meeting agendas focus on governance related matters rather than operational details.
- FRP or host agency board reviews its performance annually.
- FRP or host agency board plans proactively for board member succession and has term limits established to support regular board renewal.