Building capacity in family resource programs
Who We Are
Family Resource Programs of BC (FRP-BC), formerly known as the BC Association of Family Resource Programs, is a membership organization dedicated to promoting and supporting community-based Family Resource Programs (FRPs). FRPs are community hubs that enhance and support the development of healthy families with children prenatal to 6 years old. Our members are FRP staff at centres such as a Family Place, Family Centre, Military Family Resource Centre, Early Years Centre, Parent/Family Literacy Centre, or Neighbourhood House.
Learn More about us.
Why Join FRP-BC?
- Free and discounted professional development opportunities online and in-person
- Members Only Online Community connecting you with FRP professionals province-wide
- Access to the FRP-BC Provincial Standards of Practice
- Relevant news and research to inform your work
- Dual membership opportunity with Families Canada including access to the E-Valuation Tool
Latest News & Events
- Next Support & Ideas Call on January 14thJoin us to discuss ideas and concerns and get support from fellow FRPs throughout the province. Date: Thursday, January 14th, 2021Time: 1:00pm PT (expected length:…
- New Dates Set for MCFD Regional CallsThe MCFD Regional Calls previously scheduled for September 2020 have been rescheduled for the last week of January and the first week of February 2021.…
- Next Support & Ideas Call on December 10Join us to discuss ideas and concerns and get support from fellow FRPs throughout the province. Date: Thursday, December 10th, 2020Time: 1:00pm PT (expected length:…
- Watch a Recording of Dr. Vanessa Lapointe’s 2020 FRP-BC AGM PresentationLast week at our 2020 AGM, FRP-BC’s Parent Champion Dr. Vanessa Lapointe gave a brief and heartfelt presentation on how COVID-19 can invite us to…