Building capacity in family resource programs
Who We Are
Family Resource Programs of BC (FRP-BC), formerly known as the BC Association of Family Resource Programs, is a membership organization dedicated to promoting and supporting community-based Family Resource Programs (FRPs). FRPs are community hubs that enhance and support the development of healthy families with children aged 0 to 6 years old. Our members are FRP staff at centres such as a Family Place, Family Centre, Military Family Resource Centre, Early Years Centre, Parent/Family Literacy Centre, or Neighbourhood House.
Learn More about us.
Why Join FRP-BC?
- Free professional development and training opportunities in areas such as reconciliation, child development, parenting, supporting families and much more
- Access to college level course and credits through Northern Lights College aimed at providing a foundation and orientation to all FRP staff province wide
- Early Years resource packages, including Indigenous authored board books
- Connection to a provincial Community of Practice through Member Calls and Executive Director Calls
- Relevant Early Years news and research to inform your work
- Representation as a sector in important coalitions, partnerships and working groups
- Food Justice initiatives – access to province wide funding through FRP specific application process
- Access to the FRP-BC Provincial Standards of Practice including resources and mentorship program (in the works)
Latest News & Events
- May Member CallWednesday, May 31st, from 1:00 PM – 2:15 PM May Member Call will feature a 15-minute presentation from the Child and Youth Mental Health (CYMH) Policy…
- Renew your FRP-BC Membership Today!Renew your FRP-BC membership today! The 2023-2024 year is here, and we are so excited for you to be a part of it. Returning members,…
- It’s Almost Time to Renew Your FRP-BC MembershipWe’d like to express our deepest gratitude for your continued membership and support. Our Family Resource Program community of practice continues to grow and strengthen as…
- FRP Foundations Orientation Workshop – Register for Cohorts 2 & 3!Register today for FRP-BC’s second offering! In this 3-week, 6-hour self-paced workshop, we will explore the concept of Family Resource Programs (FRPs) and their role…