Building capacity in family resource programs
Who We Are
Family Resource Programs of BC (FRP-BC), formerly known as the BC Association of Family Resource Programs, is a membership organization dedicated to promoting and supporting community-based Family Resource Programs (FRPs). FRPs are community hubs that enhance and support the development of healthy families with children aged 0 to 6 years old. Our members are FRP staff at centres such as a Family Place, Family Centre, Military Family Resource Centre, Early Years Centre, Parent/Family Literacy Centre, or Neighbourhood House.
Learn More about us.
Why Join FRP-BC?
- Free professional development and training opportunities in areas such as reconciliation, child development, parenting, food justice, supporting families, and much more
- Access to college level course and credits through Northern Lights College aimed at providing a foundation and orientation to all FRP staff province wide
- Early Years resource packages, including Indigenous authored board books
- Connection to a provincial Community of Practice through Member Calls and Executive Director Calls
- Relevant Early Years news and research to inform your work
- Representation as a sector in important coalitions, partnerships and working groups
- Initiatives to support justice-centred community food programs
- Access to the FRP-BC Provincial Standards of Practice including resources and mentorship program (in the works)
Latest News & Events
- Big Announcement: Rachel Ramsden to Join Our Annual Training in NovemberThis training session is part of our all-day training event on November 18th. Click to see the full itinerary.We are thrilled to welcome Rachel Ramsden to…
- Big Announcement: Paul Taylor to Join Our Annual Training in NovemberIt is with unabashed excitement that we announce an incredible addition to the FRP-BC annual training lineup! Say hello to Paul Taylor, a long-time activist, non-profit…
- More Big News: Dr. Dustin Louie to Join Our Annual November Training!Decolonizing Leadership and Practice: This in-person session is designed for members who have some understanding of and seek to deepen their grasp of Reconciliation. Frustration…
- November Training Event and AGMDear FRP-BC Members, We are delighted to announce our upcoming Training Event, offering both in-person and virtual attendance options! After two long years without the…