Building capacity in family resource programs
Who We Are
Family Resource Programs of BC (FRP-BC), formerly known as the BC Association of Family Resource Programs, is a membership organization dedicated to promoting and supporting community-based Family Resource Programs (FRPs). FRPs are community hubs that enhance and support the development of healthy families with children aged 0 to 6 years old. Our members are FRP staff at centres such as a Family Place, Family Centre, Military Family Resource Centre, Early Years Centre, Parent/Family Literacy Centre, or Neighbourhood House.
Learn More about us.
Why Join FRP-BC?
- Free professional development and training opportunities in areas such as reconciliation, child development, parenting, food justice, supporting families, and much more
- Access to college level course and credits through Northern Lights College aimed at providing a foundation and orientation to all FRP staff province wide
- Early Years resource packages, including Indigenous authored board books
- Connection to a provincial Community of Practice through Member Calls and Executive Director Calls
- Relevant Early Years news and research to inform your work
- Representation as a sector in important coalitions, partnerships and working groups
- Initiatives to support justice-centred community food programs
- Access to the FRP-BC Provincial Standards of Practice including resources and mentorship program (in the works)
Latest News & Events
- Monthly Community of Practice: Nourish & Thrive – Second SessionThursday, February 15th from 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM. Community of Practice Update: Striving to Nourish & Thrive We were deeply excited to host our…
- Joanne Schroeder: Compassionate Leadership SystemsTuesday, March 12th from 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM. It is not a secret that many folks are feeling overwhelmed in this sector. FRP-BC is…
- Chantille Viaud: Leadership Fundamentals: Navigating MLA FundingTuesday, February 20th from 12:30 PM – 1:45 PM. Chantille is the Executive Director of Fernwood Neighbourhood House and is passionate about empowering non-profits to…
- 2024-2025 Membership SeasonApril 1st marks the first day of another year with FRP-BC! Important details below, so please read carefully. All current memberships will automatically expire March…