The Justice Institute of British Columbia's Centre for Counselling & Community Safety, in partnership with the BC Association of Family Resource Programs, offered the Family Resource Program Certificate.
The FRP Certificate ran four times: 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 at the Justice Institute in New Westminster BC. More than 100 practitioners received their FRP Certificate.
Please stay tuned for details regarding certificates being offered in the future.
2009 Certificate Overview
This 12-day, (8 course / 6 credit) Family Resource Program Certificate is experiential and cognitive, competency-based training for workers who support and assist parents of young children in dealing with a wide range of challenges including child development, economic stress, adaptation to a new country and culture, separation and divorce, family violence, or mental health issues.
1. Roots and Principles of Family Resource Programs in Canada
2. Family Resource Program - Approach to Practice
3. Child Development
4. The Skilled Practitioner: Communicating Effectively
5. Understanding Family Diversity
6. Working with Vulnerable Families
7. Supporting Families of Children with Special Needs
8. Program Planning and Evaluation