We are the BC Association of Family Resource Programs (FRP-BC), a not-for-profit organization that supports the development of diverse healthy families with children prenatal to six years old using a family-centred practice.
We represent over 200 family resource programs spread across BC, receiving over a million visits from adults and children each year. For almost 50 years, family resource programs have engaged families with wisdom and care.
Family Resource Programs use a compassionate-care or trauma-informed approach with families. Parents and caregivers with children attend the family resource programs at community-based family drop-ins. The family drop-ins are found in Family Centres, Family Places, Early Years Centres, Parent/Family Literacy Centres and Neighbourhood Houses.
Our Vision, Mission and Values
Our vision at FRP-BC is for all BC families to have the supports they need in their communities to raise healthy children.
Our mission is to build capacity in family-centred programs through research, education, advocacy and provincial standards and to connect families to local programs and resources.
Our values at FRP-BC are community, connection, inclusion, respect and relationships, in all that we do.
Our six principles support our members. Family Resource Programs:
- Promote consistent positive parenting practices and healthy, secure parent/child relationships
- Grounded in strength-based practices
- Promote developmentally appropriate play-based learning
- Open to all families and welcomes diversity
- Strengthen the ability of families to raise healthy children by working in partnership with families and communities
- Committed to reflective best practices
Our Services for Family Resource Programs
We work with the field in a variety of ways including:
- Statement of Reconciliation Community of Practice
- Webinars and face-to-face trainings including Cultural Competency, Family Violence Prevention, Family Resource Practitioners Essentials
- FRP-BC Provincial Standards of Practice Accreditation
- Family Resource Program updates
- Field-related resources and support
- Government policy and legislation updates
- Member networking
Our Operations & Strategy
We invite you to learn more about our operations and strategic outline in the following documents.