We are the BC Association of Family Resource Programs (FRP-BC), a not-for-profit organization that supports the development of diverse healthy families with children prenatal to six years old using a family-centred practice.
We represent over 200 family resource programs spread across BC, who recieve over a million visits from adults and children each year. For almost 50 years, the wisdom and care experienced at these programs continues to engage all families today.
Parents and caregivers with children attend the family resource programs at community-based family drop-ins. The family drop-ins are found in Family Centres, Family Places, Early Years Centres, Parent/Family Literacy Centres and Neighbourhood Houses.
Our Vision, Mission and Values
Our vision at FRP-BC is for all BC families to have the supports they need in their communities to raise healthy children.
Our mission is to build capacity in family-centred programs through research, education, advocacy and provincial standards and to connect families to local programs and resources.
Our values at FRP-BC are community, connection, inclusion, respect and relationships, in all that we do.
Our six principles support our members. Family Resource Programs:
- Promote consistent positive parenting practices and healthy, secure parent/child relationships
- Grounded in strength-based practices
- Promote developmentally appropriate play-based learning
- Open to all families and welcomes diversity
- Strengthen the ability of families to raise healthy children by working in partnership with families and communities
- Committed to reflective best practices
Our Services for Family Resource Programs
We work with the field in a variety of ways including:
- Delivery of the Family Resource Practitioner Advanced Certificate
- Facilitator training on Valued Practices in Family Resource Programs
- FRP-BC Provincial Standards of Practice Accreditation
- Family Resource Program updates
- Field-related resources and support
- Government policy and legislation updates
- On-site consultations
Our Operations & Strategy
We invite you to learn more about our operations and strategic outline in the following documents.