The BC Association of Family Resource Programs (FRP-BC) is a not-for-profit provincial organization dedicated to raising the awareness of the importance of community-based Family Resource Programs.
We do this by supporting Family Resource Programs in furthering their mandate to strengthen parenting and the healthy development of children within the context of the family.
The BC Association of Family Resource Programs promotes the Family Resource Program model as a community hub where both Canadian born families and those new to Canada can access family support, opportunities for engagement, and community resources.
Our Mission & Principles
Our vision at FRP-BC is for all BC families to have the supports they need in their communities to raise healthy children.
Our mission is to build capacity in family-centred programs through research, education, advocacy and provincial standards and to connect families to local programs and resources.
At FRP-BC we value respect, relationships, community, connection and inclusion in all that we do. We are guided by our Family Resource Program Principles where we work with our field to:
- Promote consistent positive parenting practices and healthy, secure parent/child relationships
- Grounded in strength-based practices
- Promote developmentally appropriate play-based learning
- Open to all families and welcomes diversity
- Strengthen the ability of families to raise healthy children by working in partnership with families and communities
- Committed to reflective best practices
Our Services for Family Resource Programs
We work with the field in a variety of ways including:
- Delivery of the FRP post-secondary Certificate
- Facilitator training on Valued Practices in Family Resource Programs
- FRP Provincial Standards of Practice Certification
- Family Resource Program sector updates (e-News)
- Field-related resources and support
- Government policy and legislation updates
- On-site consultations
Our Operations & Strategy
At FRP-BC, we value openness and honesty, and invite you to learn more about our operations and strategic outline in the following documents.
The BC Association of Family Resource Programs Strategic Plan (2013-2016)